Saturday, August 26, 2006

Another Union City Coincidence

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingYesterday I went to lunch with a co-worker, Gail Thompson and she asked about my upcoming travel plans. My job involves frequent travel and I told her that as soon as I returned from Salt Lake City I was heading for a HS reunion in Tennessee.

I got the standard response, “You lived in Tennessee!?!” (See previous Blog on this subject.)


When she asked what town I lived in I assured her she couldn’t possibly have heard of Union City. But to our mutual amazement, she not only knew of it, but has been there many times! Turns out her first college roommate at Murray State in KY was Candy Roberts, from Union City and Gail spent many holidays there with Candy’s family.

Although Gail has lost contact with Candy, this twist of fate has prompted her to try to reconnect. She believes Candy is still in Union City, married (so her last name is different) and working as a nurse. She would have graduated from UCHS around 1973. I wonder if any of my Union City friends know Candy. Maybe I’ll even encounter her when I go there next week. Certainly stranger things have happened.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie, check with David King tonight..I think Candy Roberts is his wife's sister!jo Lynn

9/02/2006 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie,
Don't know if you remember me but I am Connie "Adams" Fry. Ralph and Bobbie Adams are my parents (principal and guidance counselor). Anyway, Candy Roberts is David King's sister-in-law. She was my best friend in HS. She is married to Kevin Moore (Mark Moore's younger brother). Candy's home phone number is 731-885-5604

9/22/2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home