Monday, September 04, 2006

The Big Celebration


Every year during the Labor Day Weekend, Mike Cox holds a reunion party poolside, at his house for all UCHS classes that graduated in the 1960’s. So our 1966 group--about 35 graduates and their spouses/dates/significant others attended this large gala event on Saturday night. Mike’s house and grounds are magnificent; the food was fabulous, and the drinks were flowing all night. One of our classmates, Steve Oseman supplied an great band and the party totally rocked!

While everyone there wore name tags, our group had special yearbook photo IDs which were so helpful. (Thank you, Raiford!!!) After 40 years I could vaguely pick out some recognizable features of most of the folks, but didn’t fully realize who they were for sure until I looked at the old photo and name. What a riot. I was so busy catching up with old friends that I didn’t get all the photos I wanted, but here is a sampling.



Several of our contemporaries were unable to attend and were sorely missed. Patsy and Phyllis—I would have really enjoyed seeing you! A few classmates have passed away and have been remembered in a memorial our class gave to the high school. My friends Pama, Brenda and Marietta are among them.

Interestingly, many people at the party, including those not in my class, told me how much they were enjoying my BLOG. I am delighted.

I parted with promises of future visits and continuing contact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home